Shires Vets offer advice on all aspects of dog and cat breeding, from pre mating testing and screening to pregnancy detection, duration and whelping.
Our vets are experienced in all aspects of pregnancy management and are always happy to give advice to prospective breeders.
Services for Cat and Dog breeders include:
- BVA/Kennel Club hip and elbow scoring
- Collection of DNA testing genetic samples
- Progesterone testing to determine time of mating
- Pregnancy detection via ultrasound from 28 days gestation
- Canine herpes vaccination and advice
- Infertility and subfertility advice
- Worming treatment and advice
- Caesarian section (elective or emergency)
- Post whelping/kittening checks
- ‘Weigh and worm’ puppy/kitten appointments with our nurses
- Litter vaccinations