Here at Shires Vets we pride ourselves on our comprehensive dentistry services.
Our sites at Stone, Eaton Park, Eccleshall & Stafford are equipped with:
- Dental x-ray - only available at Stone and Eaton Park surgery: This equips us to evaluate bone changes around the teeth and beneath the gumline, allowing us to evaluate the tooth roots that cannot otherwise be seen. Dental x-ray also allows us to check for retained tooth roots, jaw fractures, bone cysts and un-erupted teeth which may form part of a routine health examination.
- Compressed air driven dental units. These allow us to scale, polish and section (split teeth ready for extraction) efficiently and quickly with the minimum of trauma.
- Dental charts. This means that all dental procedures have each individual tooth examined and recorded, along with any problems associated with it and the chart is electronically attached to your patient record.
- Full range of dental equipment to allow complex extractions and gum surgery.
- We also have a set of magnification Loupes which allow us to perform surgery in very fine details within the mouth.
- We have the ability and equipment to place dental nerve blocks to aid with pain control after extractions.
Signs of dental disease in pets
We are happy to answer any questions you may have, as well as advising you on the recommended products or dental diets for your pet. Contact your nearest Shires Vets in Stone, Stafford, Eaton Park, Ecclesall and Gnosall for a consultation.
Find out more about dental care for your dog, cat or rabbit by clicking the links below.