Shires Vets, part of Linnaeus Veterinary Limited, offers a range of high-quality small animal, equine and farm animal veterinary first opinion services across multiple sites in the Staffordshire area.
At Shires Vets, our team works hard to provide friendly, knowledgeable support to pet owners and clients, while maintaining the very highest levels of patient care and client service.
We acknowledge that our operations influence the environment and have identified key areas that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- consumption of electricity, gas, water and other fuels
- use of anaesthetic gases
- waste generation
- transport emissions
- use of raw materials, including materials and medications
- procured goods and services with their own environmental impact.
Shires Vets are committed to reducing their environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme.
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- minimising unsustainable transport use
- take part in One Health sustainability project with our Associates
- working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report.
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Ellie Chiswell, Adam Twomlow and Geraint Davies are our Sustainability Leads and have designated responsibility for the day- to-day implementation of this policy.
As part of the Shires Vets’ overall environment management planned, the policy will be reviewed annually.